A Hollywood insider has reported to TheWrap that president-elect Trump’s inauguration team has failed to book Celine Dion to perform at the January inauguration. The insider told that the friend of Trump and hotelier Steve Wynn promised to book Dion for the event, but was not able to come through. While Dion has not yet commented on the situation, she has been scheduled for a while to perform in Las Vegas on the same day.
This rejection from Celine Dion adds to a long list of people declining to perform at the inauguration. Country singer Garth Brooks also declined an invitation from Wynn. David Foster, Elton John, and Andrea Bocelli have also told the inauguration team no.
So far the only booked act for the inauguration is 16-year-old Jackie Evancho of America’s Got Talent fame. Evancho told the Today show, “It’s gonna be awesome. I feel really honored. To be able to sing for the office, it’s a great honor for me.” She will be singing the national anthem at the swearing-in ceremony.
The Trump team has denied having trouble booking performers. “First class entertainers are eager to participate in the inaugural events,” Boris Epshteyn, communications director for the Presidential Inaugural Committee told TheWrap in an email on Wednesday. “The inauguration as a whole will be an exciting and uniting celebration of freedom and democracy. We will be releasing further details at the appropriate time.”